Radio Show Song List Week 8/9 (i did two shows this week, back to back, 4 hours) WTSR
Today DJ Berndt, Omar De Col, Ben Brooks, and Crispin Best all listened to my show and chatted me while I was in the radio studio for 4 hours, covering both my 8-10am shift and the 10am-12pm shift of the girl that usually goes on after me. Right now I’m listening to Bohemian Rhapsody in the student center and feeling shitty idk. 4 hours, I am tired now. Anyway, I said a bunch of things, here are things that these guys told me to say:
- this next song is going so ham, I just ordered up some sweet honey glaze
- enjoy this next jam, it’ll put hair on your palms
- this next tune goes out to all you lovely light rays that will one day be a rainbow
- this song is dedicated to all the humans out there who are currently aging. keep it up everyone (i liked this one but did not say it because there were ~4 people in the studio at that point and i felt nervous to say it while they were there and watching me)
- that song goes out to everyone who went into labour today
- that song makes me want to move to india amirite
- with me, maggie lee, the baddest gook in k-town (didnt say this though because we realized ‘just in time’ that it was a lil racist sounding, yea)
- this band is going to be playing to packed out stadiums very soon, um, wait
There was a really really bad local band that I had to play and Ben was like ‘did someone dare you to play this, this is awful’ or something, so then I went on after and just started laughing like calmly and said like ‘wow, im sorry, haha, jesus, uhhh, ok, we’re just gna move on from that, im really sorry for that one’ and laughed a little bit quietly for a few seconds on-air.
Omar didnt tell me anything to say, he laughed about the shout out to everyone in labor one though.
Crispin was just there for the sweetazz music maybe, he said nice words, that was our first time gchatting !! woah, we have expanded our relashonship crispin
My good friend Chris Feldman tweeted this: ‘just had the news read to me by ' and i read the tweet on-air and said shouts out to my friend Chris, and said 'im just reading the news, thats the news' re it being depressing, also i said '@maggie44' on-air and i have 0 new followers so far.
People came in and out of the studio a lot today so I know people heard me say crazy things and think I’m crazy now. Heh. Seems good and funny, idgaf idgaf. I thought they were coming in to yell at me each time, for like, being crazy, but they just had other questions. Someone called me on the phone in the studio and tried to sell me coffee, I was just like ‘um you can just like, idgi, you want to come give me samples? or you want me to make an announcement that you’re giving samples? idgi’ and he said ‘I want to sell you our coffee to have in your offices’ and i said ‘email the station manager’ and tried to remember/guess what the station manager’s email address is, i said it was ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’, but it’s actually ‘email@example.com’, heh, woops.
Okay I’ll be on again next week, only two hours though, I think, Friday, 8-10am, okay thanks everyone